Cuvée Catharine Rosé Brut
“A lovely sparkling rose made from chardonnay and pinot noir by the method used in champagne (although the label can’t express it in that way). You’ll find very attractive, vibrant fruit flavours here, and they’re echoed by the crisp, refreshing texture and fine bubbles. This is a lovely wine for the summer (or winter) table and it’s great for roast turkey, salads and spicy dished featuring chicken and seafood” – 4.5 Stars
“One of the classiest pint bubblies from Ontario shows a subtle nose of fresh raspberry, icing sugar and fresh bread-altogether like a delicate raspberry pastry. It’s light to mid-weight and vaguely sweet, with a fine, racy effervescence and a drier, bracing finish. Very good length.” – 90 points
- David Lawrason, WineAlign.com, October 2012
Named in memory of Henry’s wife, widow and family matriarch, Catharine Smith. Clonal selection and the use of traditional grape varieties (Chardonnay & Pinot Noir) makes this wine a modern Niagara expression of a time honoured wine style. The secondary fermentation is done in bottle and each wine is aged for approximately 24+ months on the lees before disgorging.
• Made from the blending of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
• Grapes were hand picked and bunch selected. Gentle whole cluster pressing
• Secondary fermentation was finished in bottle followed by a further 30
• Able to develop for 2-3 years but intended for drinking upon release
Salmon caviar with sour cream; Malpeque oysters with a hint of lemon.
- Varietal: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
- Geographic Designation: VQA Niagara Peninsula
- Alcohol Percentage: 12%