Cuvée Catharine Rosé Brut
Named in memory of Henry’s wife, widow and family matriarch, Catharine Smith. Clonal selection and the use of traditional grape varieties (Chardonnay & Pinot Noir) makes this wine a modern Niagara expression of a time honoured wine style. The secondary fermentation is done in bottle and this wine is aged for approximately 24+ months on the lees before disgorging.
– GOLD – 2016 Ontario Wine Awards
• Made from the blending of 70-80% Pinot Noir with 20-30% Chardonnay
• Grapes were hand picked and bunch selected. Gently whole cluster pressed.
• Secondary fermentation was finished in bottle followed by a further 30 months aging on the lees
Salmon caviar with sour cream; Malpeque oysters with a hint of lemon.
- Varietal: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
- Geographic Designation: VQA Niagara Peninsula
- Alcohol Percentage: 12%