Cuvée Catharine 2011 Estate Blanc de Blanc ‘Carte Blanche’
Named in memory of Henry’s wife, widow and family matriarch, Catharine Smith. Carte Blanche is the vintage dated Cuvée Catharine. Entirely estate grown Chardonnay is hand picked, the best of the best juice is isolated, partially barrel fermented and then aged for 60 months in the bottle before being disgorged. Look for elegant “lemony” flavours and aromas of freshly baked bread.
– GOLD – 2016 Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Championships
– GOLD – 2016 All Canadian Wine Championships
– GOLD – 2016 National Wine Awards of Canada
• Made from 100% estate grown Chardonnay from the Short Hills Bench
• 20% barrel fermented
• Hand-picked and bunch selected. Gently whole cluster pressed
• Secondary fermentation in bottle is followed by a further 54 months aging on the lees
Salmon caviar with sour cream; Malpeque oysters with a hint of lemon.
- Varietal: Chardonnay
- Geographic Designation: VQA Niagara Peninsula
- Alcohol Percentage: 12.5%