2012 Cabernet-Merlot, Speck Family Reserve
Concentrated dark fruit tones balanced by black raspberry nuances. A hand-picked blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot where yields were restricted to less than 2 tonnes per acre and aged in French oak barrels. This wine will improve with 7-10 years of cellaring.
• Made from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc grown in the Short Hills Bench on our estate.
• Yields of less than 2 tonnes per acre were severely restricted. Approximately 1 bottle per vine.
• We net the rows to prevent bird damage.
• Oak tank fermented on the skins with manual cap punch downs over one month followed by 20 months of aging in French Oak with 60% new and 40% 1 year old barrels.
Braised lamb shanks with rosemary and roasted garlic accents or with good quality chocolate for a unique dessert combination.
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Geographic Designation: VQA Short Hills Bench
- Alcohol Percentage: 13.5%