2012 Cabernet-Merlot Estate
Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot work together to create a wine that exhibits plush fruit supported by deep tannins. We make this wine to cellar for a number of years. A youthful wine will therefore exhibit well structured tannins that demands a complimenting food while a wine with greater than 4 years of age will begin to deliver nuances of flavour, texture and length that can only be achieved by making the wine in this traditional style.
• Made from several of our oldest estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot vineyards in the Short Hills Bench.
• Yields limited to 2 to 3 tonnes/acre (~43 hL/ha)
• Fermented in stainless steel with extended maceration and aging in French and American oak barrels, 40% new for 18 months.
Beef, pork or lamb roast with grilled vegetables.
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot
- Geographic Designation: VQA Short Hills Bench
- Alcohol Percentage: 13.5%