2009 Pinot Noir Estate
“With intense flavour for a mid-weight red, this wine shows pure berry fruit with a pronounced toasted quality as well as notes of roasted game and bitter chocolate, finishing with fine, mouthcoating tannins. It’s a good partner for seared duck breast.” 90 points
- Beppi Crosariol, The Globe and Mail, October 6th, 2011
“Look for well-defined and nuanced flavours in this very well-made pinot. Everything is in place; it’s well structured, finely balanced and has well-integrated tannins…” 4.5 stars (out of 5)
- Rod Phillips, WineAlign.com, July 2011
Double Gold Winner (Pinot Noir Under $25) at the 2010 All Canadian Wine Championship.
The allure of this variety is its paradoxical qualities. It is transparent, light and delicate while at the same time rich and complex. Aromas of raspberry and clove spice followed by flavours of cherry with light notes of tobacco and oak.
• Made from several vineyard sites, primarily our own estate
• Harvest dates September 21 to October 9, 2007. Yields of 1 to 3 tonnes/acre (~17 to 52 hL/ha)
• Fermented in stainless and aged in European oak with 30% new
• Will age for 3 to 6 years from vintage
Pork liver pates, tuna, grilled salmon, roasted chicken, duck and other game birds.
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Geographic Designation: VQA Short Hills Bench
- Alcohol Percentage: 13.7